Sports Massage Bromley (SMB) is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (the GDPR), the data controller is Lena Haskins, 6 Stanstead Close, Bromley BR2 9DS.
SMB may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to SMB. You may give SMB information about you by filling in forms on SMB’s site https://sportsmassagebromley.co.uk /or by corresponding with SMB by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you inquire about SMB or book a treatment. The information you give SMB may include your name, address and phone number, gender, age, medical conditions and e-mail address. The records may be notes of conversations or discussions or may be the result of formal questionnaire replies.
Uses made of the information
SMB uses information and personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the information and services that you request from SMB;
- In the case of treatments, to make it as relevant and effective as they can be;
- To notify you about changes to SMB’s service
- If you do not provide personal data to SMB then you may not be able to receive adequate treatment.
Disclosure of your information
SMB may share your information with selected third parties:
- If SMB or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If SMB is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SMB, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where SMB store your personal data
All information you provide to SMB is stored on secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although SMB will always do its best to protect your personal data, SMB cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to SMB’s site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once SMB has received your information, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The period for which and information may be retained
Personal data will be kept no longer than is necessary. This means that the data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required.
As a general rule, SMB will keep personal data and information according to the following guidelines:
The data and information provided when you contact SMB for any services will be kept together with any updates that you make to such information for the duration of your treatments and for an appropriate period thereafter in accordance with appropriate regulatory and legal timescales. SMB will regularly review and audit its data storage and is committed to destroying personal data that is no longer required to be retained for legitimate purposes.
Where SMB relies on consent to use your personal data and information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You have the right to ask SMB not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. SMB will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if SMB intends to disclose your personal data or information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by writing to email@example.com.
SMB’s site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of its partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that SMB does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. You have the right to:
- Access and update the contact personal details and data we hold about you;
- View the personal data which we hold about you;
- Opt out of receiving marketing communications by post or email or text message or other electronic or paper-based methods;
- Opt out of receiving postal marketing communications from SMB
- Request access for your information;
- Ask that you update, complete or direct your information;
- Ask that we restrict our use of your data and information;
- Request that we provide your information to you in a commonly used electronic format and to have that information transmitted directly to another organisation (this is known as the right to “data portability”);
- Object to SMB or any companies acting on its behalf using your personal data or information in certain circumstances or at all.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR.